Monday, October 10, 2011

True West.

I know I've promised a highly controversial posting about race in American Theater, but it's been a long day.  Excuses, excuses I know.

I got to work with Ariel today in Larry Singer's class; I'm really excited for where that's going to go.  Perhaps more interestingly, we had to present our first batch of scenes for the 2013 class this evening.  They shared with us some of the adaptions of Chekhov's short stories that they had been working on before we dove in to showing them our work from Andrei's class.  I may have mentioned in an earlier post, but we were working on Sam Shepard... nifty stuff.  I wanted to give you a peek at what it is that we do in class.  Our whole program is set around actors on boxes and really working relationships.  I have a feeling that, like the upperclassmen, we'll start building some craftier sets pieces, but for right now, what you see is what you get.  The video quality is a bit poor and I tried to boost the audio for what I could on iMovie before uploading it here.  Next time we'll grab some better resolution material, but, in the mean time, enjoy the fruits of our labors.




"I feel like I've never had a home, you know? I feel related to the country, to this country, and yet I don't know exactly where I fit in... There's always this kind of nostalgia for a place, a place where you can reckon with yourself."
- Sam Shepard


ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz


-R

No comments:

Post a Comment