Sunday, October 30, 2011

Paging Mr. Herman.


Halloween has yet to happen; tomorrow is the 31st, but we'll be busy in labs.  We celebrated Halloween Friday night with the rest of the actors before the third-years departed to take their production of A Midsummer Night's Dream to Germany.  Before that, I stopped by the official IAC party at Dodge Hall to try and overthrow the competition for best costume.

I take Halloween very seriously.  There are very few opportunities where you can act like a complete child in public and not get scoffed at.  Halloween is one of those opportunities.  I made the decision pretty early on to assume the role of one of my childhood heroes: Pee-Wee Herman.  Modesty aside, my Pee-Wee impression is on point.  Here are some pics from the night including my favorite with the girl who took the big 1st place prize, Fiction Writer Basak Ulubilgen as Wednesday Addams.  It was a big night for classic television.

w/ Wednesday Addams (Basak Ulubilgen)
w/ Seinfeld (Sander Gusinow) & Wednesday
So much plaid...

w/ Kato (Jeena Yi)

What was really fun was that from the moment that I sat down on the bust get back to Morningside Heights, people wanted to talk to me.  They love Pee-Wee.  Walking up and down Broadway, people wanted to talk to me.  They love Pee-Wee.  Nobody called me by me real name all night long.  They love Pee-Wee.  The whole night long!  I might have to dust it off again some time in the future and get in touch with my inner-child.  Hopefully Paul Rubens won't mind.

A sucker for a pretty face.  w/ Kristie Larson

On that subject, I will say this, to try and maintain that kind of energy for right hours is exhausting; my hat's off to Mr. Rubens.  I should also take the time to thank him for giving us such a wonderful character.  Thank you!  For everyone else...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

"I know you are but what am I?"
-Pee-Wee Herman


-Nix


No comments:

Post a Comment