Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blackbird.

This last week was exhausting.  That's a solid fact.  Friday met us with a bit of bad news and a wonderful opportunity; our afternoon class was cancelled, but the room was free for use.  Actually there's no bad news in there, the idea of the week ending four hours earlier than we had expected was a gift.  If you see me in the video below and you claim that I don't look haggard, you're being kind.

I'm working on a project right now that I hope we can stage before the beginning of the next semester.  Andy, Phillip and myself met up in the church to rehearse some of the music that we want to use, and after a few hours of rehearsal, we came out with three solid songs under our collective belts, including the one below, which Mr. Dunivan was happy enough to record for us after stumbling on our little musical coterie. He was even kind enough to employ his eye for dynamic composition to make us look good, enjoy!



He's probably going to attempt to hire an assassin to rub me out for this, but Matt's a really incredible photographer with an excellent eye, you can check some of his work here.

The few hours that we spent rehearsing was really rejuvenating and really got me excited to continue working on the project as well as taking some of the edge off of the week.  I'm really looking forward to getting together again next week to continue.

"Nothing pleases me more than to go into a room and come out with a piece of music."
- Paul McCartney

-R

No comments:

Post a Comment