Monday, November 28, 2011

Aaaaaaaaand We're Back.

So Thanksgiving has come and gone.  I'm returning from a healthy, and much needed writing break, and also a intensely relaxing four-day weekend.  It felt like a month. Seriously.  A month.

But do you know how hard it is to not write?  It is in my blood, so it should be said that I am very please to be back here with you, reader, typing away from your viewing pleasure.  I hope its viewing pleasure, at least.

So, there's a lot to catch up on, right?  You'd think, but surprisingly it was very much business as usual in class.  Most people, I think (myself included) were really just trying to muscle through to the holiday.

And what a holiday it was.

I stayed, cooked for myself a little stuffed chicken breast (don't worry I had a little turkey later) with some veggies and a little green bean casserole (because what is Thanksgiving without green bean casserole?) before heading out to meet up with brother Phillip and brother Adam at Adam's friend's place in Sunnyside.  These guys were amazing and just what I needed on a Thanksgiving away rom home.  Some really great, genuine down to Earth mid-westerners.  Super hospitable and provided a tremendously enjoyable evening with some brilliant home-made pie.  If you are reading this, seriously, I can;t thank you enough.  Phillip and I later took off to go meet up with some other friends in the Upper West Side... which turned out to be not what we expected.  To save you from having to read what would end up being a thirteen-page blog, I'll say that if you ever for any reason cannot make it home for some of your own family's brand of crazy shenanigans apparently Columbia has some coked-out sociopath PhD candidates on hand to give you a dose of whatever you're missing and then some.  Seriously...  scary stuff.

Also this weekend brought one of my all-time favorite people in the world back into my life: world-traveler and fellow Titan, Selin Mehrabian.  I love her to bits and I get her for a month.  Anarchy.  You should know that if I for any reason miss a blog post now that we're back, it's because I'm probably out having the time of my life.

But what about the school stuff, you ask?

We have started the first week of intensives with Andrei today.  I'll explain a little bit more of the process tomorrow or Wednesday when I have a little bit more time, but I wish that class were like this all the time.  It's brilliant and I hope to catch some video to post as well.  Fingers crossed.  Our scene from Mourning Becomes Electra was becoming a bit of a problem child and a source of some pretty nasty stress, but we get to deconstruct it now, and I'm really excited about the direction and shape that it's taking.  Again, more on that later.

I, honestly, need a little ramen; a little Walking Dead; and a little sleep.  Now that we're back you can expect some more regular updates again.  Huzzah!  Sweet Jesus, I just realized I'm blogging like Brittni Barger (whose antics can be found here).  What.  Have.  I.  Done?  Anyway, I hope you've had a fantastic break from us as well and look forward to updates over the rest of the semester.


"Do not regret growing older.  It is a privilege denied to many"
- Unknown (found on a Snapple cap)


Breathe in.  Breathe out.

-Nix


No comments:

Post a Comment