Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Disquiet Mind.

It's been a while since I've posted. You may have taken notice. We've been pretty busy right off the start. So far the semester has been really fantastic. It was good to have everyone back in it and I feel like we really hit the ground running.

I've also, as of late been possessed of this really strange drive to actually get everything done. My ducks, I think, are really in a row. I'm also fairly certsain that between rehearsals for Bryan Quick's play and starting up the semester I've been here every day for at least ten hours. In fact, as I write this, I haven't seen my home in about three days... sleeping on a lot of floors... a lot. But! I will say this, we are looking real good doing it!

Keep it classy.

I think it may have mostly subsided by now (end of the second week), but I noticed upon returning that I had a real issue focusing in classes for a while. I don't know if it's just what happens when you get realeased into the wild for a few weeks, but I thought I might have contracted ADD for a hot minute. Sitting in our Viewpoints class the other day, I was trying to slow it all daown, but as I was sitting there, listening to Kelly, I was going through lines for a few different scenes, kicking myself for not having been able to do laundry for a few weeks (got that done, btw), grocery shopping in my mind, and just generally being distracted by squirrels, redheads, and all of the usual colors and shapes and shiny objects that populate my day.

But, as I said, I think for the most part right now, we're ok... we'll see. Tomorrow is Monday. I'll let you know.

I also realized that I can start making some VLOGs for the site. I was hoping to not have to have to torture the interwebs with pictures of my face (have you noticed there's no Meet the Fourteen - Ryan Nicolls?), but finding no time to write, I think I might have to break down and do it. Maybe tonight... maybe.

"Failure is the fire in which we temper our resolve."
- Ryan Nicolls

Yeah, I quote myself.

-R

1 comment: